Brutal Pkers 2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Pkers 2012

Brutal Pkers - All round skilling, staking and PKing RSC Private Server

HomeRegisterLog in

Server Customization

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yong Min
Administrator

Server Customization Empty
PostSubject: Server Customization   Server Customization I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 pm

You can customize your own server in many different ways. You may find that while messing around on your server, you may find that the following names pop up regularly.

• RSCDaemon
  • EasyRSC

These are used as the server base name and the source base name. You can change these to your own server name, if you know exactly where to look for them.

During this mini tutorial, I will show you where you can make a few of these edits to make your server feel more like it's your own. As old age is creeping up on me fast, plus not looking at a RSC source in over 12 month, I don't recall ALL the places where these may be, but I will show you how to customize all the places I do remember.

Note: If you come across any name that is identical to the 2 above while messing with your source, capture a screenshot, post it here and I will guide you on where and how to customize it.

Firstly, we will start by customizing the JAR file which is needed to run your server. Go into your server folder, and you will see 'rscd.jar'. To make this JAR file the name of your server, we will need to edit the XML file which builds the JAR. Right click and open your 'build.xml'. Once you have this file open, find:
Code:

roperty name="jar" location="rscd.jar" />
The part in this line you need to change is quite self explanatory. If you don't know, then it is rscd.jar. We will replace this with our server name. Let's take our open project (RSCKingdom) as an example:
Code:

roperty name="jar" location="RSCKingdom.jar" />
Now you have done that, save and close that file. We will now need to get our new JAR that we just created. Double click on your compile.bat and watch it create the new JAR file.

Note: If you still have the rscd.jar after compiling to get your new JAR, you can simply delete it. If you have successfully created your new JAR, it will look like this:

Server Customization 2a0hz4h

I will now show you how to edit a few things on the server control panel. When you double click the run server BATCH file, you will see that it will say EasyRSC at the top of the command prompt. If you are unsure where I mean, please take a look at the screenshot provided below:

Server Customization S1kw7b

To change this to your server name, right click the run server BATCH file and click edit. Once you have done that, find:
Code:

TITLE EasyRSC
Change that to your server name, in our case it would be:
Code:

TITLE RSCKingdom
If you have done that correctly, it should now look like this:

Server Customization Ligk5

Now when you have started your server and you can see the server control panel, you will see the control panel's title displays as below:

Server Customization Elbiop

In order to change this title, we will need to modify the GUI class. To do this, open your Server folder and go into the following dir:
Quote :

src - org - rscdaemon - server
Once there, right click and open your GUI java file. Once open, search for:
Quote :

JFrame frame = new JFrame("EasyRSC v" + (double)GameVars.projectVersion + " Control Panel");
If you can see from above, I have highlighted in red the following bits that will need changing. Changing this for our open sourced project, ours will now look like this:
Code:

JFrame frame = new JFrame("RSCKingdom v" + (double)GameVars.projectVersion + " Control Panel");
Also, as this is the start of our project, our version is not v1.1, as you can see that is what is on the base control panel. To change the version number, go into your Server folder and go into the following dir:
Quote :

Once in there, open the GameVars java file, and find:
Code:

public static double projectVersion = 1.1;
As this is our first project, this is how ours looks:
Code:

public static double projectVersion = 1.0;
After making all those minor changes, go back into your Server folder and double click the compile BATCH file. After compiling, run your server to see the changes. This is what our project control panel's title now looks like:

Server Customization 5ww8s5

Now while we are working on the control panel, I will show you how to change the server name where it says 'Server Name: AussiePK'. To change that, simply go into your server folder, and double click on the run server BATCH file. Once you have your control panel open, click the 'Settings' tab on the top and replace the 'AussiePK' text box with the name of your server. Once you have done that, click the 'Update All' button. Once you have done that, close the control panel and re-run it to see the changes. It should now look like this:

Server Customization 2ln7p5i

As your server is using the EasyRSC base source (emulator), and also out of respect to the original owner xEnt, I would encourage people not to change the bit that says 'Server Emulator: EasyRSC'.

Now if you go into your Server folder, you will see a CFG file called 'EasyRSC.cfg'. To change this file to your server name, go into the following dir:
Quote :

Once you are in that location, open your GUI java file and find:
Code:

File f = new File("EasyRSC.cfg");
This is how it looks for our project:
Code:

File f = new File("RSCKingdom.cfg");
Now find:
Code:

String configFile = "EasyRSC.cfg";
Edit that so it now says the name of your server. This is how it looks for our project:
Code:

String configFile = "RSCKingdom.cfg";
Once you have done that, save and close the GUI class. Now go back and compile your server.

I will continue to add to this tutorial in order to make more changes to your server to make it look and feel like your own. I am just taking a coffee break now, and grabbing a bite to eat. Please keep checking for newly added guides!

Regards,

Yong-Min
Back to top Go down
https://brutalpkers.forumotion.co.uk

Server Customization
Page 1 of 1