Brutal Pkers 2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Pkers 2012

Brutal Pkers - All round skilling, staking and PKing RSC Private Server

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running EasyRSC

Go down 
+3
James
killerodin
Yong Min
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yong Min
Administrator

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 pm

First of all, you will need to download the EasyRSC source that was created by xEnt. You can download the source here: http://uppit.com/TF9JKZ

EasyRSC v1.1 is the most recent (clean) EasyRSC release by xEnt, which was released on the 16th March 2009.

When you have downloaded EasyRSC v1.0, if you extract the .rar file, you should now have a folder titled 'EasyRSC' which contains 3 folders. You should have:

1. Client
  2. Server
  3. Distributed Client

For the time being, we will NOT be touching the distributed client folder, as at this stage in development, you should NOT even be thinking of hosting your server publically!

Straight after downloading EasyRSC v1.0, you will have all the necessary files to start running and editing your own RSC private server. However, we will need to make a few minor changes/checks, so that you can start editing and compiling your JAVA files into the importantly needed clsas files.

First of all, we will replace the 'ant' folder. The current 'ant' folder released with this source will still work, however there is no 'pause' on compiling. This means that if you get compiling errors, the CMD window will automatically close, therefore you can't see your errors without hitting the 'pause' button on your keyboard. I have simply edited the class files within the 'ant' folder and recompiled them so that the CMD window will automatically pause after compiling.

Download the new 'ant' folder here: http://uppit.com/47yjlrama60x/ant.rar

After downloading and extracting the new 'ant' folder, copy it and paste it into your 'Client' AND 'Server' folders. When pasting it, you will be asked to confirm you want to overwrite the existing 'ant' folder.

Now you have done that, we need to make sure the 'Compile.bat' and the 'Run Server.bat' are setup correctly. Go into your 'Client' folder, right click the 'Compile.bat' file and then click 'Edit'. This will open within Notepad.

You should see the following:
Quote :

taskkill /F /IM java.exe
set PATH=%PATH%;ant\bin
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03
ant compile
In order to run the compiler successfully, we need to check the ANT and JAVA paths are set correctly. As we have the 'ant' folder within our 'Client' folder, we do NOT need to change that path. Now we need to check and make sure the JAVA path is set to our most updated JAVA installed on our system. The bit you will need to be looking at here is the 'jdk1.6.0_03'. To check the most updated version of JAVA, follow the following steps:

1. Click the 'START' button.
  2. Now click the 'RUN' option.
  3. Now type in: C:\Program Files\Java\
  4. Click the 'OK' button.

After clicking 'OK' you will have opened up your JAVA folder which should contain numerous folders. The folder we want is the one titled:

• jdk1.6.0_

Your folder will have another number after the '0_', which is the number we need! On your 'Compile.bat', change the JAVA_HOME path to:
Quote :

set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11
All you need to do is change the 11 to the version you have in your folder. Once you have done that, close and save. Now repeat the same steps for your 'run_client.bat' file and for the same compile and run_server batch files in your 'Server' folder. You should NOT need to direct your run_server batch file towards your JAVA_HOME.

If you now double click the 'run_server.bat' file, it will launch your server control panel. It will look something like this:

Running EasyRSC 2ia5tmq

What we now need to do is check the 'client version' so that the client source code has the same client version as the server source code. We can do this by clicking the settings tab on the control panel, and seeing what number is entered in the 'Client Version' text box. The number should read '25'. Once you have checked the server client version, we need to check the client version within the client source code. You can do this by opening the mudclient class which is located in the following dir:
Quote :

EasyRSC - Client - src - org - rscdaemon - client
When you have your mudclient class open, search for:
Code:

GameWindowMiddleMan.clientVersion = 25;
As you can see, the client version in the mudclient class matches the server's client version. This means that it is ok to run your client and server, and log in!

Now hit the 'Start Server' button on your control panel, and it will start running the server. Once you have run the client, you can now log in with any desired username and password.

PLEASE NOTE: when updating from EasyRSC v1.0 to EasyRSC v1.1, xEnt had messed up the login process where usernames which contained a space we unable to login. The server would still create the players' CFG files, but it is impossible to login with a username which contains a space.

If you want usernames with spaces, please following my tutorial here: http://rskingdom.com/Thread-Username-Fix

Running EasyRSC 9lfhp2
Back to top Go down
https://brutalpkers.forumotion.co.uk
killerodin
Subscriber
killerodin

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:04 am

Ya i attempted just to run a rsc server from this guide. I couldnt find the jdk. Do i have to download that proper java program, because when i search java its jre6.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:25 am

killerodin wrote:
Ya i attempted just to run a rsc server from this guide. I couldnt find the jdk. Do i have to download that proper java program, because when i search java its jre6.

yea you need java devlemant kit hence jdk Razz and dont use java 7 only use jdk1.6.0_30, also you may need to add a path for your java but if you look it up on google you'll find tuts on how to add a path/class path for java.
Back to top Go down
killerodin
Subscriber
killerodin

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 am

hmmmm. I might do that then, i just want to test my theory on this christmas cracker idea.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:44 am

lol ive tested the theroy the only bit i cqan't do is add the amout of coal certs ect to the cracker Razz but the other ones like d med d long ect took me 7 crackers to get a d shield but yea the more items the more chance of getting an item ( thats what it seems to me) but i dunno how to add a % like d shield could be 5% chance of getting ect but yea your idea does seem good Smile
Back to top Go down
killerodin
Subscriber
killerodin

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Well you dont need lower rates for items. All you would have to do is add more items to lower chances on items. If 10 items, thats a 10% chance of getting w.e. There is already 6 hats so add 3 masks, santa hat, scyth, ears, pumpkin, easter egg, boots, robes, etc... Thats like a 5% for anything. I just figured it would make rares hard to get and make them actually rare. Crackers would be in high demand or if you wanted to chance it go for an awesome rare.
Back to top Go down
Yong Min
Administrator

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:53 pm

James wrote:
killerodin wrote:

yea you need java devlemant kit hence jdk Razz and dont use java 7 only use jdk1.6.0_30, also you may need to add a path for your java but if you look it up on google you'll find tuts on how to add a path/class path for java.

You can set your path to your JAVA by adding the following:
Quote :

set JAVA_HOME=PATH HERE
Back to top Go down
https://brutalpkers.forumotion.co.uk
killerodin
Subscriber
killerodin

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Ya thanks guys, the problem i was having was not having jdk. I downloaded and i got it running. I'm just not the best at this whole coding thing lol. Question i get lost. Practice makes perfect thoe.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:32 pm

killerodin wrote:
Ya thanks guys, the problem i was having was not having jdk. I downloaded and i got it running. I'm just not the best at this whole coding thing lol. Question i get lost. Practice makes perfect thoe.

the files you want to edit are .xml's and .java's.

if you dont know what files are witch follow this tut:

control panel> folder options> view then look for hide extensions for known file types and make sure thats its unticked then simply close the boxes opend and the files like .rar .gz .xml .class .java are now visable.

if you want to edit the globel objects like the doors ect you will need a compressor or download 7zip

as the type of file that the server reads is a .gz witch 7zip can make.

Yong Min, feel free to look over this and if i have missed anything you can add it in.
Back to top Go down
killerodin
Subscriber
killerodin

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:06 am

You lost me in the beginning lol. Its all good. Thanks for all the help. Maybe when i feel up to it, ill give editing a try.
Back to top Go down
Undercover
Co Administrator

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:35 pm

This is great! It's quite fun editing my own server Smile
Back to top Go down
freaky5000

freaky5000

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 am

Killerodin, if you ever need any help setting your java or apache-ant, also system variables some people find tricky. Let me know if you need out.
Back to top Go down
Ganja Man

Ganja Man

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:51 am

Nice, thanks so much! How do I make it my own pic during the loading screen and login screen?
Back to top Go down
printz

printz

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:52 am

Ganja Man wrote:
Nice, thanks so much! How do I make it my own pic during the loading screen and login screen?

Go to server part and copy ur picture in this file

loading.rscd -> open with PAINT
Back to top Go down
Ganja Man

Ganja Man

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Printz and thanks Yong once again for sharing
Back to top Go down
printz

printz

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Np.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running EasyRSC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running EasyRSC   Running EasyRSC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running EasyRSC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brutal Pkers 2012 :: RSC Development :: Releases-
Jump to: